Basic Chocolate Chip Cookies
Just like it says, this is your basic chocolate chip cookie recipe.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Combine flour, soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. (*I used peanut butter chips instead.) Dough will be slightly sticky.
- **At this point, I refrigerate my dough for a couple hours. It makes it easier to scoop out, and allows me to make cookies in between other tasks, but you can skip this step, if you want to make everything all at once.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls (I use a pampered chef cookie dough scoop) 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.