This chai latte cupcake recipe comes from the Spring 2008 Betty Crocker Super Moist Cakes publication. This recipe, as with all the others in the publication, starts off with a box of cake mix. The recipe calls for Chai Latte Tea mix. If you can’t find any at the store, don’t panic – Betty Crocker has a recipe for that too.
- 1 box Betty Crocker Super Moist french vanilla cake mix
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 pkg instant chai tea latte mix (or 3 tablespoons from larger container)
- Heat oven to 350F (or 325F for dark or non-stick pans)
- Prepare pans with baking spray and flour OR baking cups (recipe makes 24 cupcakes)
- In large bowl, beat cake ingredients with electric mixer on low for 30 seconds, scraping often.
- Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes, scraping occasionally until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Divide batter among muffin cups.
- Bake 18-23 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan.
- Move from pan to cooling rack and cool for 1 hour, or until cooled completely.
- 4 oz. white chocolate baking bars, chopped
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- ground cinnamon
- In medium microwave safe bowl, microwave baking bars on high for 30 seconds.
- Stir until melted.
- If necessary, microwave 15 seconds longer or until melted and smooth.
- Stir in butter until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar, milk and vanilla.
- Stir until well blended.
- Frost cupcakes and sprinkle with cinnamon.