Chai Latte Cupcakes
This chai latte cupcake recipe comes from the Spring 2008 Betty Crocker Super Moist Cakes publication. This recipe, as with all the others in the publication, starts off with a box of cake mix. The recipe calls for Chai Latte Tea mix. If you can’t find any at the store, don’t panic - Betty Crocker has a recipe for that too.
- 1 box Betty Crocker Super Moist french vanilla cake mix
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 pkg instant chai tea latte mix (or 3 tablespoons from larger container)
- Heat oven to 350F (or 325F for dark or non-stick pans)
- Prepare pans with baking spray and flour OR baking cups (recipe makes 24 cupcakes)
- In large bowl, beat cake ingredients with electric mixer on low for 30 seconds, scraping often.
- Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes, scraping occasionally until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Divide batter among muffin cups.
- Bake 18-23 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan.
- Move from pan to cooling rack and cool for 1 hour, or until cooled completely.
- 4 oz. white chocolate baking bars, chopped
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- ground cinnamon
- In medium microwave safe bowl, microwave baking bars on high for 30 seconds.
- Stir until melted.
- If necessary, microwave 15 seconds longer or until melted and smooth.
- Stir in butter until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar, milk and vanilla.
- Stir until well blended.
- Frost cupcakes and sprinkle with cinnamon.