Della Robbia Cheesecake
This is the cheesecake recipe that my mom has always made. It’s my absolute favorite cheesecake ever.
- 1 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup butter flavored Crisco, melted
- 3 (8oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup dairy sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 F. For crust, combine crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar and melted Crisco. Press firmly in bottom and up side of ungreased 9-inch pan. Set aside.
- For filling, beat cream cheese in large bowl at low speed until just smooth.
- Gradually add remaining sugar and vanilla.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Blend in sour cream.
- Carefully pour into prepared pan and bake for 60-70 minutes.
- Turn oven off and open door slightly, leaving cheesecake in oven for another hour.
- Chill at least four hours, or overnight.