I found this recipe in an edition of Favorite Food Brand Recipes, entitled Grama’s Sunday Suppers (from March of 2002). This has become one of my favorite recipes to make year-round.
- 1 T vegetable oil
- 1/2 lb skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 1/2 lb hot Italian pork sausage, sliced (I often substitute smoked sausage)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder OR 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (10 1/2 oz.) Campbell’s Condensed French Onion Soup
- 1/3 cup Pace Picante Sauce or Chunky Salsa
- 1 cup uncooked Original Minute Rice
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup frozen large uncooked shrimp
- In a medium skillet, over medium high heat, heat oil.
- Add chicken, sausage and garlic powder.
- Cook 5 minutes, or until browned, stirring often.
- Pour off fat.
- Add soup and picante sauce.
- Heat to a boil.
- Stir in rice, peas and shrimp.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cover and cook 5 minutes or until chicken and sausage are no longer pink and most of liquid is absorbed.
I'm sharing this recipe over at The Homestead Blog Hop.