That’s right… the famous recipe on the side of the pumpkin cans. And you know, I’ve not found a better pumpkin pie recipe.
- 3/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (15 oz.) Libby’s 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 can (12 fluid oz.) Nestle Carnation Evaporated Milk
- 1 unbaked 9-inch deep dish pie shell
- Whipped Cream
- Mix sugar, salt, cinnamon ginger and cloves in small bowl.
- Beat eggs in large bowl.
- Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture.
- Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake in preheated 425 F oven for 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 F.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack for 2 hours.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate.
- Top with whipped cream before serving.