This lean flank steak gets an Indonesian flair with a coating of brown sugar and spices.
- 1 /12 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (3 lb.) flank steak
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Combine brown sugar and spices in small bowl, mixing well.
- Rub mixture on both sides of flank steak.
- Place steak on grill for 16 minutes – or when instant read thermometer inserted into center reads 160F, turning once.
- Cut steak diagonally across grain into 1/4-inch slices and serve.