I got this cream pie recipe from my uncle Randy. It’s a special from his home-town.
- 1 1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup cake flour (or 1/2 cup + 2 teaspoons all purpose flour + 2 teaspoons corn starch)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 egg white stiffly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 prebaked pie shell
- 1/2 pint whipping cream
- Cook 3/4 cup sugar, flour, salt and milk in double boiler until thick, stirring constantly.
- Beat egg whites until stiff, adding 1/2 cup of sugar. Fold into cooked mixture, along with vanilla.
- Pour into prebaked shell, add cream and chill.