I originally found this recipe in my December 2008 copy of the Betty Crocker Christmas Cookies publication. I like this recipe because it starts from a cookie mix. I’m not normally a big fan of using mixes – it takes some of the home-made out of home-made, but it makes my life super easy when I’m in a hurry.
- 1 pouch Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix
- 3/4 cup finely chopped almonds
- 3/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In large bowl stir together cookie mix, almonds and spices.
- Add butter, vanilla and almond extracts.
- Mix until soft dough forms.
- Shape into balls equaling 1 tablespoon amount of dough each.
- Place 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake 12-14 minutes or until set.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Remove to cooking rack.
- Place powdered sugar in a shallow bowl.
- Gently roll warm cookies in powdered sugar to coat.
- Put back on cooling rack to cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- Roll in powdered sugar again before serving.