Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
This is the recipe for the “healthy” cookies I made for my sister Kayla’s bridal shower. Everyone seemed to like them well enough. Even with the cake, chocolate chunk cookies, and sugar cookies, I didn’t have many left.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips – I used mini chips in mine
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, sugar and brown sugar.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in oats and chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 11-12 minutes.
- Cool on wire racks.