No-Bake Pumpkin Pie
I may have used affiliate links for some of the items in this post. Using an affiliate link to purchase an item won't cost you any more money, but I may receive payment if you click on a link and make a purchase. For more information, visit the disclosures page.
I recently came into the possession of a copy of Cuisine Magazine that was published in November 1979 – thanks Aunt Anna. This recipe for no-bake pumpkin pie was advertized in it, and looks like it would be pretty good.
- 1 (9-inch) graham cracker pie crust
- 1 envelope Knox unflavored gelatine
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 (16 oz.) can pumpkin
- In heavy saucepan, combine unflavored gelatin, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt.
- Stir in sweetened condensed milk and eggs, mixing well.
- Let stand 1 minute.
- Over low heat, cook and stir constantly until gelatine dissolves and mixture thickens slightly, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in pumpkin, mixing well.
- Pour mixture into prepared crust.
- Chill at least 3 hours, or until set.
Garnish as desired. Refrigerate leftovers.
Leave a Comment