This recipe for Chocolate-Dipped Truffles with Amaretto-Chocolate Cream Centers comes to you from the Nov. 1979 issue of Cuisine. The recipe makes about 3 dozen.
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 10 oz. semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup amaretto
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 oz. milk chocolate
- 1 lb. semisweet chocolate coating
- Heat cream in medium sized sauce pan to simmering; remove from heat.
- Add chopped semisweet chocolate and butter, whisking until smooth.
- Cool to room-temerature, and stir in amaretto and almond extract.
- Refrigerate covered in a medium sized bowl until firm (4 hours to overnight).
- Once set, scoop with a #100 scoop (or melon baller).
- Quickly roll into 1-inch balls.
- Freeze uncovered on baking sheets until hard (about 1 hour).
- Meanwhile melt milk chocolate to 92 degrees.
- Temper chocolate (or melt dipping chocolate).
- Dip centers decorating with milk chocolate and let harden.