This mini-meat loaves recipe comes from South Knox High School’s home ec teacher, Mrs. Dobbins. Matt brought the recipe home after he got to sample some of the meat loaves that the students made in class.
- 1 egg
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stalk green onion, finely chopped.
- 2 tablespoons catsup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and set out muffin tins.
- Break egg into a large bowl and beat with fork.
- Add beef, bread crumbs and salt. Mix well.
- Add onion. Mix well.
- Press mixture into muffin tins. Bake 10 minutes.
- While meat loaves are cooking, mix catsup, brown sugar and dry mustard in a small bowl.
- Pour sauce over loaves, and bake another 5-10 minutes or until they are done (at least 160 degrees) in center.