This is the ball jar recipe for blueberry jam.
- 2 pints frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 pouch 100% Natural Fruit Jell Pectin
- 5-1/4 cups sugar
- Thaw and drain blueberries.
- Crush blueberries one layer at a time.
- Combine 3 cups of crushed blueberries and lemon juice in a large saucepot.
- Stir in pectin.
- Bring mixture to boil, stirring constantly.
- Add sugar, stirring to dissolve.
- Return mixture to a rolling boil.
- Boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and skim off any foam.
- Ladle hot jam into jars, leaving 1/4 inch of head space.
- Process jars for 10 minutes in a water bath.
- Allow to cool for 24 hours.
Makes about 3 pints.