I originally found this recipe in the 2011 Taste of Home Summer Slow Cooker publication, and love it.
- 1/2 lb Italian sausage
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Italian diced tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 pkg (9 oz) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 cup (4 oz) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Brown sausage and beef over medium heat in a 10-inch skillet and drain.
- Transfer meat into a 3 quart slow cooker.
- Stir in marinara sauce, tomatoes and mushrooms.
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours, or until heated through.
- Prepare tortellini according to package directions.
- Stir tortellini into meat mixture in slow cooker.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cook another 15-20 minutes, or until cheese is melted.