Finished Bombshell Bodice

I’m so excited that I’ve finished this top.  There was a LOT of hand sewing, which is about my least favorite thing to do, but it was well worth it. After I got the muslin just right, I had to trace it back out again and cut out my good fabric.  Mouse enjoyed helping with Read More …

Linda Skirt

When I got the fabric for my bombshell bodice, I also picked up some fabric to make a skirt.  It was an amazing novelty sewing print by Suzuko Koseki for Yuwa.  I have to say, I am absolutely in love with the feel of this Japanese fabric. I decided to download the Linda Skirt pattern Read More …

Closure

I’ve been working on the fit of my Bombshell Bodice for a couple of weeks now (along with a few other projects of course).  I’ve got the fit almost perfect, so I figured it was time to find my zipper.  Lucky me, since I’m making a top instead of a dress, I need a separating Read More …

More Muslins

Over the last week, I’ve been working some more on my Bombshell Dress top.  I started with the first muslin that I made, which fit perfectly, except for the length.  Since I wanted it to be a top and not part of a dress, I needed to add a full 4 inches to the length. Read More …

Finished School Days Quilt

You may remember this quilt from a few months ago.  It started with a charm pack of School Days by American Jane for Moda, and some yardage from my stash.  I’m happy to say, that it’s now completed, after a LOT of hard work by my wonderful mother-in-law, who hand quilted the entire thing for Read More …