This recipe for Maple Glazed Chicken came from the Disney Family Cookbook. It’s one of my favorite ways to have chicken, assuming I get the chicken cooked thoroughly. That seems to be my biggest problem. I guess I really should follow instructions and only use fully thawed chicken (meaning defrosting the chicken in the microwave just before cooking is not a good idea).
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 4 tsp. lemon juice or cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 4 whole chicken legs, cut into drumsticks and thighs
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Combine the maple syrup, lemon juice or vinegar, and butter in a small saucepan; simmer for 5 minutes.
- Line a baking dish with foil, and grease. Pat the chicken dry (and trim excess skin, if desired), and lay it on the foil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then pour the maple glaze over the pieces. Basting occasionally, cook for another 15 minutes or until the meat is cooked throughout and the juices run clear.
I like to serve this with sweet baby carrots, and salad. It works well because Matt doesn’t eat cooked carrots and I don’t eat the salad. It looks awfully pretty, too. Even if I had to cook it twice in the oven and finish it in the microwave this time. I don’t know what happened this time. I must have not had the chicken defrosted evenly.