Decided to make a peach pie today. Well, I actually decided to make a peach pie last weekend, I finially got around to it tonight. I haven’t gotten to eat it yet, I’m waiting for it to cool enough to eat, but it smells really good.
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 fresh peaches – pitted, skinned, and sliced
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch single crust pie
- Cream sugar and butter or margarine together. Add flour and nutmeg; mix until mealy. Spread 1/2 of mixture in pie crust. Arrange peaches on top of crumb mixture. Sprinkle remaining crumb mixture on top of peaches.
- Bake at 450 degrees F (230 degrees C) for ten minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Continue baking for 40 minutes, or until brown.