Farmer’s Daughter Pate Sucree
I may have used affiliate links for some of the items in this post. Using an affiliate link to purchase an item won't cost you any more money, but I may receive payment if you click on a link and make a purchase. For more information, visit the disclosures page.
This pie dough is a sweet dough, which is great for tarts. It has a lot of butter, so it’s harder to handle than all-purpose doughs.
- 1/2 lb. unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- In a medium bowl, beat sugar and butter together untill fluffy. Scrape the mixer paddle and sides of the bowl repeatedly.
- Add vanilla and yolks; beat, scrape and beat again until smooth and light.
- Add flour and salt. Beat on low until there are no streaks of flour left. (Do not overbeat, or let butter warm up)
- Scrape finished dough onto clean work surface and wrap well in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before use. 6-8 hours is ideal.
Leave a Comment