This recipe for zucchini cakes is super good. It comes from my KitchenAid Recipe Collection – though there’s not a thing in this recipe that really requires a mixer. At my house this recipe is super great this time of year, because with Lent, Matt & I aren’t supposed to eat meat on Friday, and unfortunately Matt doesn’t like fish or seafood (though he’ll eat popcorn shrimp – probably because it’s almost completely breading). Oh, and he also likes salmon patties, but I don’t like those… Lent is really difficult around here. That makes this recipe a nice substitute for salmon cakes, or something like that.
- 2 cups grated zucchini (this is approximately 2 5-inch zucchinis)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- non-stick cooking spray
- sour cream & lemon wedges (optional)
- Combine all ingredients (except sour cream and lemon wedges) in the bowl of a food processor or blender; process until well blended.
- Pour batter into medium bowl and set aside.
- Heat small skillet over low heat 1 minute, lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of better into skillet
- Cook 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Serve with sour cream and lemon wedges if desired.