- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (I generally prefer dark brown sugar, but light will work as well)
- 2 eggs
- 2 T. orange blossom honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla bean paste (or extract)
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- 1/4 tsp. orange extract
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 6 oz. white chocolate chips
- 6 oz. chopped pecans or walnuts
- Cream butter and sugars.
- Add eggs and honey, mixing well.
- Add salt, soda, baking powder, vanilla, ginger, and orange extract, mixing well.
- Add flour and mix until just combined.
- Stir in white chocolate chips and nuts.
- Pour into a foil-lined 8×8 pan, and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. The dough will be thick and sticky, more like cookie dough than a cake dough. You will need to press it into the pan.
- Let cool, then cut into squares.
While I chose to use orange blossom honey for this version of the recipe, regular or other flavors of honey would also be good. Try some berry flavored honey, with white chocolate chips, candied fruits, and trade your ginger out for apple pie spice. What other flavor combinations would you try?
Sharing over at: Show and Share Party at Coastal Charm