I’ve been putting in a lot of time on my Steampunk themed crazy quilt, and I feel like I finally have something to show for it. The quilt top is no where near complete, but it is coming along. I even have an entire row sewn together.
I know it doesn’t look like much but it’s 4 feet across and a foot and a half tall. That’s 864 square inches of fabric, beading, and embroidery.
I’ve also got three more block sets pieced, and two of them are completed with embroidery and embellishments.
I’m happy to say that I have used up a lot of my old embroidery floss, so much of it, in fact, that I basically left with pink and had to make a trip to the Hobby Lobby to pick up some more. I’m also getting a chance to use some of my old vintage buttons and lace from my grama’s stash. It’s great to have a use for them.
Of course, not everything I’m using is old. I did get a few yards of beautiful new ribbon, as well as some buttons and metallic lace from my favorite local fabric shop, Let’s Sew.
I even picked up some of the Tim Holtz Idea-ology products from the scrapbooking department at Jo-Ann’s.