This recipe for Molten Butterscotch Cakes comes from the September 2007 edition of the Betty Crocker Fall Baking publication. It’s a good recipe, and a nice variation on all of the molten chocolate cake recipes out there.
- 6 teaspoons graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup (6 oz) butterscotch chips
- 2/3 cup butter
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar (I like dark brown)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat over to 450F.
- Prepare 6 (6 oz) custard cups with baking spray and flour.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of crumbs on bottom and around sides of each custard cup.
- In 1-quart saucepan, melt chips and butter over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly, about 5 minutes.
- In large bowl, beat eggs and egg yolks with whisk until well blended.
- Beat in brown sugar.
- Add butterscotch mixture and flour.
- Beat until well blended.
- Divide batter evenly among custard cups.
- Place cups on jelly roll pan (cookie sheet with sides)
- Bake 12-14 minutes or until sides are set and centers are still soft (tops will be puffed and cracked).
- Let stand 3 minutes .
- Run small knife around sides to loosen.
- Immediately place individual dessert plates on top of custard cups.
- Flip over and remove cup.
- Serve warm with ice cream.