This recipe for honey bun coffee cake is a favorite sweet breakfast food at our Home Ec meetings.
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- Grease and flour a 9×13 pan or casserole dish.
- Mix cake mix, eggs, sour cream and oil.
- Pour a small amount of batter in the bottom of pan – just enough to cover the bottom.
- In a separate bowl, mix brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle brown sugar mixture over batter.
- Pour remaining batter over brown sugar mixture.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Make icing with powdered sugar and milk.
- While cake is warm, pour powdered sugar icing over cake.
- Poke small holes with a toothpick, to allow icing to seep into the cake.
- Serve warm or cool.