One of the recipes she made was a Creamy Chicken Bacon Pasta. I recently tried the recipe at home and was pleased with how it came out so I wanted to share my version with you.
- 8 oz. cooked pasta, any shape (about 1/2 a box)
- 3 slices of bacon
- 3 cooked chicken legs & thighs, or 1 rotisserie chicken, with skin removed and shredded
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbs grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 small cans or 1 large can cream of mushroom soup (or whatever cream of soup you have on hand)
- Slice bacon and cook in a medium skillet.
- When cooked through, drain most of the grease and add chicken, heating through.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until a light sauce forms, coating everything.
- Serve hot.
Overall, I was pleased with the recipe, but my husband said it needed something. So for the leftovers I added some condensed cream of mushroom soup. With that addition, my husband definitely approved.
And for my friends who can’t do dairy, I think this would be fantastic with a nice basil pesto instead of the yogurt and cream of mushroom soup.
Sharing over at: Take-a-Look Tuesday at Sugar Bee Crafts, Show and Share at Coastal Charm